MATHEMATICS COMPETITION (VOL-11)
The competition has been proven to be the most effective event to make math enjoyable and popular subjects at all levels in schools and colleges. Children learn by attaching meaning to what they do, and they need to construct their own meaning of mathematics. The competition aims to provide a national level recognition to the top performing students at a very early stage of their life. FSP competition is a source of intellectual encouragement and a challenge for the genius ones. FSP competition supports student’s academic activities with an aim to ensure a high level of individual academic success by stimulating the basic understanding how math logic applies in nature’s laws.
- The Contest consists of Multiple-Choice Questionnaire of twenty to thirty problems, depending upon the level (grade) of the student. For each problem a choice of four answers is provided.
- Contest contents are covered in the National Mathematics Curriculum/Course outline available at website.
- Solution of the problems requires creativity, logical thinking or a different perspective. Here in lies the challenge.
- Language of the Contest is English.
- The use of calculator, mobile phone or any other electronic device is not permitted.
- The contests would comprise of multiple-choice questions only. The participants will have to select one best answer out of four options given. Every correct answer would earn THREE points whereas for every wrong answer ONE point would be deducted.
- All students from class 1st to 10th / O-Levels are invited to participate in FSP-MC.
- The FSP-MC will be held in all participating institutions all over country at the same time.
- We encourage participation of maximum number of students from public & private schools.
- Schools should not refuse any student to participate in the Contest who is willing to pay the fee.
- Registration includes a fee of Rs. 900 per student which covers the costs of organizing the Contest. There is no registration fee for institution.
- All schools in Pakistan are welcome to host FSP-MC by registering their students in the Contest.
- Contest will be held in your own institution under the supervision of Principal.
- The competition questions are selected by National FSP educationists.
- Students participate at their grade level or at a higher level (if they attend accelerated Math programs at their schools).
- The competition has a form of a multiple choice test. You may see National Mathematics Curriculum for preparation/Course outline available at website.
- At each level of participation the first prize is awarded at the country level to the students who earn the largest sum of points at their level. Likewise the first prize at provincial and school levels are also awarded. In addition several other prizes are awarded at each level of participation.
- All participating students receive a certificate.
- Students compete in 10 grades.
Famous Students Platform (FSP) VIBRANT YOUNGSTERS Competitions is a project of Famous Stationery and Paper Products has already introduced ONLINE REGISTRATION SYSTEM to facilitate the institutions. The participating institutions are encouraged to get their institution and participating students registered through this online system.
Instructions for representative:
- Be sure to use a valid and current email address so that we can use it to contact you at any point before, during and after the contest, if necessary.
- Minimum Participation of 10 students from a participating class is MUST. There is no maximum limit; institutions can register as many students from a class as they wish.
- The last date of submitting registration form is January 24, 2023.
- Thereafter no registration will be accepted.
- The Contest will be held on February 28, 2023. (10:00 AM).
- Result wil be declared on Monday March 27, 2023.
- The participation fee is Rs. 900/- per participant, which can be paid through Bank Draft/Pay Order, drawn in favor of FSP VIBRANT YOUNGSTERS There is no registration fee for institution.
- The fee can also be directly transferred to our
A/C titled: FSP VIBRANT YOUNGSTERS
A/C No.: 0203900271540001
Bank Name: BANK ISLAMI
- Registration will be confirmed after receiving fee and the fee once paid is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- You may print filled registration form and sent us along with original Bank Draft/Pay Order at the following address:
FSP VIBRANT YOUNGSTER’S COMPETITIONS
12 Kabir Street Urdu Bazar, Lahore.
For any further assistance, you can contact FSP Vibrant Youngsters office by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: +92-42-37123334, cell: +92-336-4809808, +92-304-1404004.
Vibrant Youngsters Level (Grade I & II)
Money – Addition and subtraction of money, Time, Clock, Shapes – Naming & Recognition of shapes, Fractions – Half, Quarter, Pre-Number concepts –Tall, short big and small, Numbers – Odd and Even Numbers, Arithmetic Operation with 1 digit and 2 digit number-Addition and subtraction
Vibrant Youngsters Level (Grade III & IV)
Fractions – Addition and subtraction with same denominator, Decimals – Addition and subtraction of decimals, Perimeter and Area of square and Rectangle, Angles- Types of angles, Numbers- Place Value, Arithmetic operations -Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division, Money – Four Arithmetic operations
Vibrant Youngsters Level (Grade V & VI)
Arithmetic Operations, Factors & Multiples, Fractions- Percentages-Expression Fractions as Percentages and percentages as fractions, Algebra, Volume – Volume of cube and cuboid, Multiplication & Division by whole number, Decimals- Multiplication & Division, Rounding Numbers.
Vibrant Youngsters Level (Grade VII & VIII)
Exponents and powers, Area- polygon, Parallelogram, Proportion- Direct and inverse, Rational Numbers, Data Handling- Mean, Median, Mode, Ratios & Percentages, Square and square roots, Algebraic expressions.
Vibrant Youngsters Level (Grades IX & X)
Trigonometric Ratios, Grouped Data Mean, Median Mode, Exponential and Logarithm Function, Real Numbers, Polynomials, Linear Equations, Quadratic Equations, Matrices Lines and angles Surface area and volume– Cube, Cuboid and Sphere.
Level-wise further details about paper pattern can be had as below.
|GRADE||NO. OF QUESTIONS (MCQs)||TIME ALLOWED||MAXIMUM. MARKS|
|Vibrant Youngsters Level (Grade I & II)||20||75 minutes||60|
|Vibrant Youngsters Level (Grade III & IV)||25||75 minutes||75|
|Vibrant Youngsters Level (Grade V & VI)||30||90 minutes||90|
|Vibrant Youngsters Level (Grade VII & VIII)||30||90 minutes||90|
|Vibrant Youngsters Level (Grades IX & X)||30||90 minutes||90|